|The Eden House is Key West, Florida's original hotel.|
Greetings SxSe'rs! We are pleased to announce that the Eden House in Key West will be our main hotel headquarters for this year's event. Eden House was gracious enough to give us great rates at a location fair stumbling distance from Duval Street and Mallory Square.
"Built back in 1924, the hotel has been owned and operated since 1975 by Mike Eden. Now fully renovated, the original art deco hotel building is joined by several renovated conch houses."
Here is what you need to know to reserve your room. Do it asap as rates are guaranteed up to Monday, July 18th, but not availability!
- call 1-800-533-5397 and say "sxse tweetup" (that's south-by-southeast) when you make your reservation
- room rates for SxSe -- for semi-privates to quadruple occupancy suites, range from $105 to $290 with 15% off plus tax
- there are NO resort fees
- you will be responsible for your own reservation, which requires a 50% deposit
- cancellation policy is up to 20 days before your day of arrival, after that you get a credit in the amount of your deposit to use for up to a year
HOTEL OFFERINGS AND INFO
- complimentary happy hour 4-5 pm
- 20% off breakfast and lunch at Azur Restaurant next door
- free limited parking -- first come, first served (more Key West parking info here)
- access to pool, jacuzzi, sun deck and hammocks
- free wifi by pool and lobby (it's not guaranteed in rooms)
- spa discounts at another hotel or in-room massages if your room is big enough (sorry, no happy endings)
- discount cards for restaurants around the island
- bike rentals on premises for a modest fee (deposit required)
What happens if all rooms get booked at Eden House? Don't worry. Please look at other properties in the Key West that best suit your budget and needs. The SxSe main tweetup will take place at a local bar on Saturday, July 15. For more info, check out the Pub Crawl.